Earlier when there was no software available for warehouse management in the firm, people used to do everything manually like counting the number of stocks, finding the place of the product by searching everywhere, and many more things were their which required a lot of hard work and also it is very time-consuming. But today we have lots of technologies to manage the warehouse by using the Warehouse Management System.
BoxOn is here, with the best Warehouse Management Software to make your warehouse very systematic and reduce lots of paper wastage by using one of the main features of this software and which is Scanning Technologies. It serves the effectiveness of the workforce and warehouse operations are increasing, thanks to warehouse automation technologies. Scanners and other technological solutions play a significant role in upholding the quality and flexibility of inventory control.
Significant factors for implementing Scanning Technology
Operations in warehouses have been significantly transformed by scanning technologies. When correctly linked with warehouse management systems, scanning technology offers several advantages.
- This technology includes minimum processing errors.
- There are advanced reporting capabilities.
- Scanning Technologies gives a better inventory management system
- It helps in increasing the speed of warehouse activities.
- It reduces the paperwork and also the data entry operations.
Nowadays, scanning technologies are seen as a necessity rather than merely a pleasant improvement.bowarehose aare just a few of the activities in a Warehouse Management System that are made much easier and more effective by scanners. With BoxOn you can move the way want as you can customize your software as per your need.
Technologies for scanning help in the efficient tracking of warehouse goods through product delivery. The tools that are most frequently used are:
1. RF-based Barcode Scanner or Radio Frequency for your Inventory Management:
A lot of things can be quickly and concurrently scanned by RF-based scanners. For this type of scanner to function, microchips or tags must be inserted into the inventory.
- USB portable scanners, laser scanners, and pen scanners were some examples of first-generation RF-based scanners.
- Wireless industrial scanners, smartphones, and other apps are examples of second-generation Barcode scanners.
2. Advanced Scanner or Non-RF-based Scanner for your Inventory system:
The most recent and cutting-edge scanner types on the market are pick-to-light and pick-to-voice devices.
- The pick-to-light systems direct warehouse workers to the precise product position by using specialized light displays. As a result, it is easier for the operators to identify how much of each product to select.
- On the other hand, pick-to-voice systems make use of speech recognition technology and enable voice-directed warehouse operations.
The ideal scanner for your storage facility:
The sort of scanner that best meets your warehouse’s needs will rely on a variety of variables. Respond to the questions below to help you make a choice:
- You need to know about the frequency and volume of usage is there in the warehouse.
- The Scanner will be used in which type of work Environment in the warehouse?
- Identify the usage of the scanner will it be indoor or outdoor?
- Do you want to use the scanner for mobile also?
Whenever you are looking for Warehouse Management System make sure you choose the right Software which is having user-friendly GUI which is one of the most common problems using the software.
Working process of Barcode Scanner in Warehouse Management System
1. Picking up and Packing Process: the pickup and packing process is a very important part of the warehouse, in which if you use the barcode scanner to pick up the package as well as for packing the order, it will give you accurate information about the product and within a second you can update the details of the package by using the barcode scanner in mobiles as well.
2. Receiving the packages in the Inventory: It is ensured that the right item is being added to the inventory by scanning each item as it is received. This assures that inventory will be updated with the actual item. Your Warehouse Management System or accounting software may have a receiving function that makes use of barcode scanning.
3. Replacement and Stocking the Inventory: To always make an accurate correction, barcode software uses a scan to locate and show the right object. If item placements are frequently changed, it is also possible to encode each bin ID in a different barcode.
4. Printing and Generating the Barcodes for the packages: Some barcoding applications allow you to print barcodes in a standard format and automatically generate barcodes from your package’s SKU. For printing barcodes, thermal printers are an excellent option because their output is simple to scan and there is a small chance that the ink will smudge and leave the barcode unreadable.
Configuring Your Scanning Techniques:
The most important component for packing verification is a systematic scanning procedure. So that errors are avoided amid rush and distraction in a stressful warehouse system environment, it should be simple to use and error-proof. You must take the required time to plan carefully every stage of your inventory, fulfillment, and shipping processes to guarantee the greatest level of quality throughout.
BoxOn will help you to take care of every complex process you are dealing with in your business with the help of Warehouse Management Software Having the best Features including Barcode Scanner Techniques. If you are looking for the best Warehouse Software, BoxOn will help you to get the best one.